Join Our Mailing List
Gerry Maffre, former Director General, Communications
Workshop Date and Location
November 1, 2013
CEC Training Room
1900 Merivale Road, Suite 206
Ottawa, ON K2G 4N4
FREE parking is available
Need More Information?
Contact Josef Jurkovic for further information or to arrange for delivery of the LCDP program to your group of 6-8 department/team members.
MANAGEMENT AND LEADERSHIP COMMUNICATIONS
Communication is key to achieving results from and with people – as individuals and as members of a team or work unit. It's a necessary skill in engaging and directing those who look to you for both leadership and advice. And it’s a skill especially required in the current public service environment.
As well, as re-structuring proceeds, communicators may find themselves in new situations of advising senior managers where an understanding of their environment and tools to provide that advice and act on decisions will be key to advancing communication strategies.
This workshop will help you develop as a senior manager operating and advising in a more demanding environment.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Change and its consequences - how do various people and organizations you’ll encounter as a manager react to change
- Communications’ role in managing change – what do you need to do as a manager to ensure you are properly communicating?
- Ensuring you are heard at the table – in a time of new relationships, what will help ensure your views and advice are well received and paid heed to?
WHAT YOU WILL TAKE AWAY
- Tips and techniques that will help you lead transitions and have productive discussions with your staff, your boss, your colleagues
- A workbook, handout and self-assessment questionnaire
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT COMPETENCIES
Strategic Thinking - Innovating through analysis and ideas
Engagement - Mobilizing people, organizations, partners
Management Excellence – People management
|12:30 - 1:15||Lunch|
|1:30 - 1:45||Introductions & Workshop Overview|
|SESSION 1||Environment in Times of Change|
|1:45 - 2:15||
|SESSION 2||Communications in Response to these Realities|
|2:15 - 3:00||
|3:00 - 3:15||Break|
|SESSION 3||Being Heard at the Table: Strategic and Critical Thinking|
|3:15 - 4:00||
|SESSION 4||Policy and Decision Making Context and Intersections|
|4:00 - 4:45||
|4:45 - 5:00||
Wrap-up and Evaluation